Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. There is a new topic each Tuesday, so check out her blog for more info!
Today’s topic really triggers the travel bug inside me. Here are 10 books that take place in another country (aside from the US, since that’s where I live!) Keep in mind that these are the books I’ve already read. I’m interested to hear your recommendations!
- Warcross by Marie Lu – Japan
- The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan – Scotland
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – England
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer – Nepal/Mt. Everest
- Big Little Lies by Lianne Moriarty – Australia
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan – England
- With Malice by Eileen Cook – Italy
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – Russia
I spent a long time going through my Goodreads searching for books that take place internationally. I realized 1) I read a lot of books (specifically crime/mystery/thrillers) that either take place in the US or England, and 2) I read a lot of fantasy, where the worlds are entirely made up.
Have you read any of these?