Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. Its purpose is to help narrow down your TBR list on Goodreads by selecting 5 titles each week and deciding if you want to keep it on your TBR or get rid of it! I was inspired by Melanie @ Meltotheany to start this blog series as my TBR pile is OUT OF CONTROL!
How it works:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
This Week’s 5 Books:
I can already tell how this is going to end. LMAO!
1) Looking for Alaska by John Green
I have nothing against John’s writing. In fact, I enjoyed The Fault in Our Stars. However, I’m finding myself not being able to relate very much to teens these days. (I know, I sound ancient). So, I’m going to give this a pass.
2) The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I bought it because of the hype years ago but I can’t even force myself to get past the first chapter. Ugh.
3) Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
Hahaha. Oh. Allegiant. Once I saw the alternating POVs I threw the book across the room. You don’t just all of a sudden change the POV of a series in the third installment if you aren’t planning to kill someone off, no?
4) Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
I already saw the movie starring Chalize Theron so the surprise factor is now gone.
5) Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
I picked this up on a whim at Target and I have no desire to read it. It’s already sitting in my donation pile.
Okay, to be frank, ALL OF THESE have been sitting in my donation pile for months! I just need to haul them away!
Thanks for taking a look at my TBR! I’m going to try my best to make this a weekly thing! And please feel free to recommend what books I should add (or remove) from my TBR! You can go here to view my to-read shelf, or here to add me as a friend on Goodreads! 🙂