Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. Its purpose is to help narrow down your TBR list on Goodreads by selecting 5 or more titles each week and deciding if you want to keep it on your TBR or get rid of it! I was inspired by Melanie @ Meltotheany to start this blog series as my TBR pile is OUT OF CONTROL!
How it works:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
On the chopping block this week:
1) THE CROWN BY KIERA CASS:
This is the fifth book in The Selection series, but it’s technically the second book in the “spin off” duology. Unfortunately I was able to predict how this series was going to end before the fourth book even came out. So I’m not even going to waste my time finishing this series. Next.
2) THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY BY ERIK LARSON:
I am a true crime fanatic so it’s no surprise I find the murder castle by H.H. Holmes fascinating. I really want to read this.
3) THE NEST BY CYNTHIA D’APRIX SWEENEY:
This book has some horrible reviews and I just… don’t think I’ll bother making the time for it?
4) THE GOOD GIRL BY MARY KUBICA:
I’ve only read one Mary Kubica book and sadly it just didn’t wow me. I don’t think I want to try any others…
5) THE BONES OF YOU BY DEBBIE HOWELLS:
I… don’t even remember why I added this book.
6) WHISKEY REBELLION BY LIANNA HART:
This is a book a young woman who goes from stripping to working in a detective agency. I don’t even remember adding this to my list but it does sound fun, considering it’s a romance, too? Haha. But I may pass for now!
Thanks for taking a look at my TBR! Please feel free to recommend what books I should add (or remove) from my TBR! You can go here to view my to-read shelf, or here to add me as a friend on Goodreads! 🙂