Hi, friends! Are you planning to participate in this round of ContemporaryAThon? ContemporaryAThon is a weeklong readathon taking place February 11-17 (host information below!) I didn’t do so well last year but I have high hopes I’ll do better this time! Below are the challenges and the books I chose for each one! I’m not sure if I’ll read all 7 books… so… wish me luck! Hahaha.
1. Read your most recently purchased or acquired contemporary
Fence Vol. 2
2. Read a contemporary with blurple (blue or purple) on the cover
99 Percent Mine
3. Read a diverse contemporary (keeping in mind that it is Black History Month!)
The Bride Test
4. Read a dark, taboo, or emotional book
5. Read a contemporary you meant to read in 2018 but didn’t get to
6. Read a contemporary in a non-traditional format (ebook, audio, graphic novel etc)
The Legend of the Golden Raven
7. Read a contemporary with a picture on the spine (not a color or pattern but an image)
(Double up and make as many of them work for as many books as you want!)
LIVE-SHOW: 2/16 on Chelsea’s Channel (Time TBA!)
And in case you missed it, here’s my YouTube video of me discussing each book I picked!