Hi, friends! I’m so excited to announce that I will be co-hosting a summer-themed readathon called Summerathon! We wanted to do a readathon that’s going to be fun and laid back, while giving us an excuse to read all things summery. It’s going to start on the summer solstice, and we would be so honored if you joined us!
June 21 – 27, 2019
1) Read a “beachy” book: This can be any book you’d want to take with you to the beach/poolside! Or it can take place on a beach (however you want to interpret it!)
2) Read a book with sunrise colors on the cover: The book can have ANY of the colors in a sunrise, such as orange, yellow, blue, pink, purple, etc.
3) Read a book that has a road trip, traveling, or vacation: The book doesn’t have to take place only on a vacation or roadtrip; it can include any scenes that involve traveling, going on a trip, etc.
4) Read a book set in the summer: The book doesn’t have to only be in the summer, but at least have a portion of it take place in summer.
5) Read a book with food on the cover: We love summer time grilling! Any kind of food/beverage on the cover will do!
6) Read a book while drinking your favorite summery beverage: This is more of a freebie but thought it would be fun! Choose any drink of your choice to sip while enjoying your book!
The challenges are vague and open to interpretation; read however many you want to fit the challenges or feel free to double up! You can also read any genre you want! There’s no pressure to finish all the challenges. We also want to encourage you to pick up a book by an LGBTQIAP+ author in honor of Pride month!
We hope you’ll join us this June to celebrate the summer solstice!